If you’re searching for a heating and cooling system that harnesses the power of the earth’s energy inside your home, the HVAC professionals at One Choice Mechanical, LLC can assist you. For more than a decade, we’ve helped homeowners in Louisville tap into the renewable energy deep beneath the earth’s surface to gain a limitless supply of heat in their homes. When you invest in a sustainable geothermal system, you’ll experience improved comfort and other benefits.
What is a Geothermal HVAC System?
Geothermal heat pumps utilize the relatively constant temperature below the earth’s surface instead of the air outside, which has a much more inconsistent temperature. In doing so, a geothermal heat pump can cool and heat your home. If properly equipped, it can even supply your home with hot water.
Different Types of Geothermal HVAC Systems
At One Choice Mechanical, LLC, our trained HVAC technicians are experienced in installing every type of geothermal system. Each geothermal system has two main components: the heat pump, which sits inside your home, and the ground loop, which is a network of underground pipes that connect to the heat pump.
- Horizontal Heat Pump System: Most cost-effective in homes where sufficient land is available
- Vertical Heat Pump System: Most cost-effective in homes where horizontal loops would be unreasonable
- Pond/Lake Heat Pump System: Most cost-effective in homes where there’s a nearby body of water
- Open-Loop Heat Pump System: Contrary to the other three heat pumps, which are all closed loop systems, an open-loop system is a viable option only if there’s an ample supply of clean groundwater to connect it to.
Benefits of Installing a Geothermal Heat Pump
When debating whether to contact One Choice Mechanical, LLC for a geothermal installation, every homeowner should first consider the benefits of this type of system.
- Reduced utility bills: Homeowners with geothermal systems save an average of 25 to 50 percent over conventional oil, gas or heat pump systems.
- Greater return on investment: Although the initial cost of installing a geothermal system scares most homeowners, the reduced utility bills and maintenance costs will pay for the system within three to five years.
- Longer lifespan: Conventional HVAC systems require regular maintenance, and they last anywhere from 15 to 20 years. A geothermal system requires minimal maintenance, and it can last well more than 20 years.
- Safe and clean: Geothermal systems don’t use fossil fuels like natural gas or propane, which eliminates the threats caused by combustion. With a geothermal system, you don’t have to worry about flames or carbon monoxide.
- Free hot water: If you ask us to equip your geothermal system for it, you can take advantage of producing free hot water at higher efficiencies.
- Environmentally friendly: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers a geothermal system as the safest HVAC system on the market. In fact, installing one is equivalent to taking two cars off the road or planting 750 trees.
- Improved comfort: A geothermal system heats and cools a home evenly, eliminating the hot and cold blasts of air that a conventional system produces.
Professional Geothermal Services at One Choice Mechanical, LLC
Whether you’re hoping to install a new geothermal HVAC system or need maintenance on your current geothermal system, the HVAC experts at One Choice Mechanical, LLC have all the training and experience necessary to ensure your home is optimized for comfort, safety, and cost savings. For more information about the geothermal services we offer to residents in Louisville, or if you’re in need of an emergency HVAC repair, call us today!